We all know the rule doesn’t exist anymore.
You know, the one about not wearing white after a certain date? It’s an outdated rule that no one really follows anymore and for good reason.
As much as I should, I never pack up my off-season clothes. Maybe I’m just lazy, but having access to my entire wardrobe all year makes things easier. Much easier. This year my love for all things white in my wardrobe was strong. It still is. And since it’s not packed away, I’ll be wearing it all year long 🙂
So aside from the rule not existing anymore, wearing white in the fall and winter is a refreshing break from all the dark colors of the season. It’s a way to stand out and still look chic. I decided on a full white look. It’s one of my favorite looks to date. A cozy, practical look where the temps are concerned, but still refreshing, chic and modern. The thing that makes this look work for fall is the camel jacket and leopard print pumps. These aren’t pieces you would see much of in the spring/summer months, so they give off a fall vibe that makes the all white look work this time of year.
That is probably my number one key when it comes to wearing white this time of year…make sure it’s still practical and that it feels appropriate for the season.
Some of my favorite fall looks that incorporate white to get you inspired…
- I wore this same white sweater layered over a black slip dress. A look that could easily work this time of year with just a switch of the shoes
- A white duster coat worn over an all black look creates the perfect fall look.
- This all white denim on denim look totally works because of the long camel jacket (a fall/winter must have).
- White jeans and a cable knit sweater. Timeless and perfect.
- Throw on a leather jacket over a white sweater dress. A leather jacket makes any outfit look more chic 🙂
photography: Kaylee Chelsea Photography