A denim jacket is a must have for fall.
Always. It’s a piece that just works for everyone. It is the perfect layering piece to have on hand once the temps cool. Basically, it is a classic.
Even though a denim jacket is a classic wardrobe staple, there is a bit of a trend happening with them right now. The oversized boyfriend/girlfriend fit. This specific one has the perfect worn-in denim and slouchy fit that boyfriend/girlfriend jeans offer up, but in a jacket and it’s a trend I’m loving.
This new take on the denim jacket threw me when I was trying to style it. It is denim, so it goes with pretty much everything, but the oversized, slouchy fit offers up a totally different vibe than the classic, more fitted denim jacket. It’s a piece that will make any outfit you put on feel a little bit cooler, more relaxed and stylish.
A few of the things I learned while styling the oversized denim jacket…
- Roll up the sleeves. Especially when layering.
- Let it hang off your shoulder. It’s part of the trend and I promise you’ll feel instantly cooler the minute you do it.
- Button it up and wear it as a shirt.
- Pair the oversized denim jacket with a pair of jeans and a cute top. Denim on denim is always my go-to when I have nothing to wear.
- When all else fails, treat it like a cardigan. Since it has the same slouchy fit, it can easily be paired with most anything you’d put a cardigan over.
I know I’ll be living in this jacket once the temps officially drop, layering it with all of my sweaters and sweatshirts for easy go-to looks.
What do you guys think of this trend? Will you be giving the oversized denim jacket a go?
Photography: Kaylee Chelsea Photography