Scalloped Shorts, yay or nay?
Last summer I fell in love with this specific pair of denim scalloped shorts. Had they not been sold out I would have purchased them.
However, after checking back a few times to see if they were in stock, I came to the conclusion that I was too old for scalloped hem shorts. Particularly when they are super short. So I forgot about them and moved on.
The other day while I was shopping around Nordstrom, I came across this white pair of scalloped hem shorts. Looking at them on the rack, I felt they had more of a “grown-up” vibe than the denim, so I decided to try them on.
Clearly, I loved them because I took them home and here we are 🙂
I will admit though, and I’m not sure why exactly (because it seems obvious), I was completely clueless on how I wanted to go about styling these shorts. After about fifty different tries, I settled on this neutral look with a nude bodysuit.
Thinking back, I have several ideas on how to style scalloped hem shorts. Soooo if you are ever in the same predicament, here you go:
5 Ways to Style Scalloped Hem Shorts
- Keep it classic with a chambray button up and white sneakers.
- Dress them up for date night with a flowy black blouse and heels.
- Stick with the trendy theme and pair them with a gingham print OTS top
- Keep it casual with an athleisure inspired t-shirt and sneakers
- Tuck a button-up blouse in for an effortless daytime look.