Currently…

eating…not Ice Cream and the craving is reeeaaal. Brand and I gave it up for Lent because ice cream is like my world and it was getting out of hand. I missed my opportunity to eat it on Sunday and I was thinking that I could just substitute today for last Sunday, but Brandon wasn’t having it. Next Sunday I’m eating it all.

drinking…LaCroix Sparkling Water, berry flavored. I don’t really know why I’ve been like obsessively drinking this, it’s not a new discovery or anything, but I’ve even been having one with breakfast. It’s weird, but good.

watching…I’ve been watching Parenthood on Netflix per a friends recommendation and it’s kind of all I do. This show makes me so anxious for the future and I’m pretty sure I cry basically every episode, but it’s such a good show and definitely one I would recommend if you’re looking for a new Netflix binge.

going…no plans to go anywhere, but the urge is really strong. I’m trying to talk Brand into going basically anywhere at this point. A beach, preferably. Being in a swimsuit, laying in sand, looking at the ocean, with a drink (or 2)in hand sounds like heaven right about now.

reading…Okay so I just randomly purchased a book called When Breath Becomes Air. It was a total impulse purchase as I had just finished my previous book and wanted to keep up the momentum. It’s a memoir by a neurosurgeon who was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer(and has since passed away)and he is basically asking “what makes life worth living”. It has really great reviews and I am looking forward to getting into it more and finishing it, but as I was reading it today I found myself asking why exactly I choose this book. It’s much more deep then what I normally read, I guess. We’ll see. Has anyone read it?

loving…our bedroom makeover. We just basically “redecorated”, but it’s so refreshing. Home decor gives my anxiety. I get so overwhelmed when I am shopping for anything to do with our house that I usually end up buying nothing. Hence our walls with no pictures. But I was so sick of all the junk piling up in our bedroom (on my desk mainly) that I just went for it. It’s now clean of all clutter, refreshing and has me motivated to maybe do another room.

working… on writing. I found this newspaper clipping that I believe my mom gave me a long while ago that reads “you learn to write by reading. It is also important to write. Write every day. It doesn’t matter if it’s for a half-hour or 15 minutes. Write and not about stuff you think others would care about. Don’t be afraid. Write through it. Write about the things that make you scared. Writing is an emotional process. In order to get emotions onto the pages you have to feel them too” So for the past couple of nights I’ve set the timer on my phone for 15 minutes and have just been writing. I used to write almost every single day and I gradually just stopped. I’m glad I found that clipping. It’s sparked some new inspiration and it makes me happy.

listening…to country music. There is nothing better than this 80+ degree, sunny weather, being in the car with the windows down and blasting country music. Ha. I sound old, but it always puts me in a good mood.

buying…I feel like I haven’t really been buying too much lately. But I’m definitely craving these items, so there will be some purchases soon.

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

planning…nothing, really at the moment. At least not that I can think of. I’d like to be planning a vacay per a couple posts above.

wondering…why the skin on my face still thinks it’s in high school when clearly we are waaayyy past that stage. My hormones are so out of whack and my face is a clear indication of that. I have no idea what to do anymore, so if ANYONE has ANY advice on dealing with hormonal acne I would love to hear it. I’m stopping my BC because I’ve realized that every time I start I new pack this happens and by the time it clears up it’s just in time to start another pack. Hopefully this isn’t TMI, but I am just beyond frustrated with it.

feeling…tired. Our dogs, especially my little princess Bella has been getting up in the night soooo much and it’s ob.nox.ious. Bella sleeps in a dog bed next to my side of the bed and lately she has been waking up, putting her cute little paws up on the bed right next to my face and while it’s the cutest thing in the world to see that face when I open my eyes, it happens like 10X a night and wakes me up every time. This is on top of both Cooper and Bella having to go outside…an hour apart from each other because going together would be too convenient. A full night of solid sleep would be nice.
K. Rant over 🙂

1. February 24, 2016 / 12:11 pm

I think your vacation dreams sound amazing – you should plan that lol! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

2. February 24, 2016 / 1:03 pm

Shannon! I adore these posts. Country music is my fave, and I am right with ya on blasting it in the car. Also, I can totally relate to the pet induced sleep deprivation and it is a good thing I love them more than life.
    Finally, hormonal acne is my greatest curse in life. What has worked the best for me is elimination almost all sugar, refined carbs, dairy, soy, meat…taking a probiotic everyday, drinking a ton of green tea. Also, I use a tea tree cleanser (very affordable via Trader Joe's that you can get via Amazon). I got a fabulous facial last week, and they suggested eliminating stress…LOL. How does one do that exactly? What I took out of that is I should pamper myself more and not remain in stressful situations.
    Anyway, I still have breakouts along my jaw around that time of the month, and when I get stressed out.
    BTW, I'm loving that snap of your pups!

• February 25, 2016 / 3:33 pm

Thank you so much Gina! Seriously hormonal acne is the worst thing in the world. I really need to make a point on changing my diet and I think I've finally reach my breaking point to where I am ACTUALLY going to do it. I don't' really have an option at this point. ugh!

• February 25, 2016 / 3:31 pm

Lol. I actually think this is the first year I have. At least in a looong time.

3. February 24, 2016 / 4:01 pm

I'll have to try out Parenthood. I'm currently watching Damages on Netflix but I'm almost done with it so I'll need a new show soon! I've found that Marajuca Oil has helped my skin when it flares up a bit. You can find it on Amazon 🙂 Sooo jealous of your Arizona weather! It's cold and rainy here in NY today….so ready for spring!

Taffeta & Tulips

• February 25, 2016 / 3:30 pm

Oh I've been meaning to watch Damages…I've heard great things! I'll have to add that to the never ending list 🙂 I haven't heard of Marajuca Oil, will definitely research though, thank you for the recommendation!

4. February 24, 2016 / 5:21 pm

I sympathise re ice cream. Its terrible!

5. February 24, 2016 / 8:03 pm

I love how you take one word and write about your life. Maybe I should try this when I write in my journal.

• February 25, 2016 / 3:29 pm

Oh this would be a great idea for a journal. It's fun to do it once month on the blog.

6. February 24, 2016 / 9:50 pm

I bet you have amazing taste when it comes to home decor. I would love to see what you did to your bedroom 🙂

Jessica
    the way to my Hart

• February 25, 2016 / 3:28 pm

Thank you Jessica! I have a few more things to do in the bedroom, but I'm thinking I might want to share it on the blog. If not just for something different.

7. February 24, 2016 / 10:17 pm

I always look forward to this post on your blog, Shannon, it's so personal and just a small window to your life and it feels like I'm catching up with an old friend. Please please please let us know your thoughts on the book once you're done with it, I would love to know if it's worth buying.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

• February 25, 2016 / 3:27 pm

Thank you Shireen, I am glad you enjoy it! It's fun to do and nice to switch things up on the blog. I'll definitely let you know how the book is. I noticed last night as I was reading it that it is very detailed to the point of gory (hospital stories), but I'm getting through it 🙂

8. February 24, 2016 / 10:39 pm

LaCroix always and forever. Ugh. Hormonal acne is so frustrating. I gave up dairy + gluten for almost two years to deal with my acne and it helped clear up the rest of my face but it did nothing for my hormonal breakouts. Those didn't clear up until I got pregnant! Eek. Haha.

• February 25, 2016 / 3:26 pm

I definitely need to change my eating habits. I'm hoping cutting the sugar and dairy will make some sort of difference…I'll try anything at this point! Wellll, I will hold off on the pregnancy though 🙂

9. February 24, 2016 / 11:46 pm

Girlllllll I feel you on the hormonal acne. I'm 30. Like what is this nonsense?! Get with the program, FACE. We're dealing with fine lines now, not breakouts. Ugh! I'm finding like 25% solace in some new Paula's Choice products (RESIST Toner, 8% AHA Gel, Hyaluranic Acid Booster and some Vitamin C booster… tbd on that). AND YES to parenthood! I JUST started watching it a couple of weeks ago, also and agree with crying/getting stressed watching it. But I love it. Just started season 2. 🙂

• February 25, 2016 / 3:25 pm

Right?!? It's soooo frustrating and drives me insane! I've never heard of Paula's Choice, but will definitely look into it. Thank you! I think I'm on Season 3 now (because I watch nonstop)…such a good show!

• February 25, 2016 / 3:23 pm

Yes, sooo many emotions! I'm looking forward to the rest of it though.

10. February 25, 2016 / 6:20 am

Rosie has been really active at night recently, too. My mom is visiting us right now, and she got up at 2:30 AM and marched right down stairs into my mom's room and wanted her to get up and play. I felt so bad for my mom!

xo, Chelsie @ Hey There, Chelsie

• February 25, 2016 / 3:22 pm

Aw! They are a pain, but definitely worth it!

11. February 25, 2016 / 4:36 pm

that book sounds so emotional! Also, if you're dealing with hormonal acne, it might be the ice cream. Sugar, dairy, and eating too much processed food can upset skin and cause acne in numerous ways. There are plenty of ways to deal. Non-product ways are by cutting down on the amount of sugar you eat, eating more fruits and vegetables, drinking more water, etc. You can also take a fish oil, rosehip oil, or aloe supplement which are all great for helping heal acne. If you want topical products, these are my favorite >>> Zyderma HS Cream, May Lindstrom Problem Solver Mask, Pure Manuka Honey (applied as a mask to skin directly or onto spots directly), Rainwater Botanicals Troubled Skin Serum (affordable and works great), COR Silver Soap, Osmia Organics Black Clay Facial Soap, Antonia Burrell Cream Supreme (fine lines, pigmentation and acne all at once), Rainwater Botanicals Pimple Potion, Thesis Spot Treatment, or MOSS Anti-Acne Oil. Let me know if you want more info and I can link you to reviews I've done or answer any questions you have as I'm not sure exactly what you're dealing with! 🙂 ♥