Back to Reality

So I kinda suck at posting while not on my normal schedule (obvi). I had big plans to keep blogging while on my trip back home in Michigan, but that didn’t happen. I’m definitely going to make that a priority next time I travel…actually plan ahead maybe?!

Anyways, last week Brand and I flew back to Michigan for a visit home and because his cousin’s wedding was this past Saturday. It was actually a great trip, minus the millions of mosquito bites that are now covering my legs. I got to spend an entire day with my best friends, spend lots of time with my family, made some big decisions as far as wedding planning, including having our engagement photos done, and the biggest plus was probably escaping this Arizona summer for a bit (117 on Wednesday, ugh!!). You can see all the photos from my trip on my instagram.

While I can’t say I’m thrilled to be back to reality, I am excited to get back on a schedule with this blog of mine šŸ™‚

1. July 22, 2014 / 12:01 pm

Hi Shannon!! I missed you. Congrats on the wedding decisions, can't wait to see the engagement photos, and your instagram shots look fabulous.
    Glad you are back in the blogging game.
    XO, Gina

2. July 24, 2014 / 1:50 pm

Happy to have you back- and TOTALLY feel for you re: mosquito bites. They attack me every year. A little tip I've picked up: run a spoon under hot water (like really hot, almost boiling) until it's hot to the touch. Then lay the back of the spoon over the bite. It should burn, but not enough to cause a welt/any damage. But the heat works to kill the protein that causes the bite to itch. It works instantly, and I've found I can get bites to heal up/stop itching completely after a few rounds.

This sounds so weird, haha. But it works! I get eaten ALIVE every summer.

Have a great weekend ahead, babe!

-Ashley

3. July 24, 2014 / 4:52 pm

Welcome back!! Looks (and sounds) like you had a fabulous trip!! XO

Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

4. July 25, 2014 / 5:41 pm

I'm the same way…the intent to blog during vacay is always there but life happens, right? Thank god for IG! lol

Thank you for visiting my blog doll, would love to get your thoughts on my latest excursion to tropical Mexico! Hope to see ya back soon!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

5. July 26, 2014 / 4:02 pm

Well welcome back! I'm glad you had a good trip and the news about your engagement pictures! I can't wait to see them šŸ™‚ When I need to travel I normally get my posts ready ahead of time, it is tough though!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, Iā€™m following you on Bloglovin, Instagram and Facebook (with my personal account too so it ads on your numbers), I hope you can follow me back to stay in touch.
    XOXO

Milu

6. July 27, 2014 / 7:17 pm

This little photo recap is adorable. We're so loving it and sounds like you had a lovely trip. So glad!!

xx 365hangers