Plaid blazers just kind of started popping up everywhere.
Everyone seems to be headed straight for the fall fashion these days. Myself included. While it’s still disgustingly hot here, I am willing the temps to cool by forcing the fall fashion. It sucks.
If you are like everyone else and all you are thinking about now is fall, then I am sure you’ve seen the plaid blazer. It seems to be the absolute must-have piece for fall. A trend I am totally jumping on board with this one.
This specific one that I am wearing in today’s post was a find at Target. It is a great boyfriend fit. My favorite fit when talking blazers and the best part, being from Target, is that it is super affordable.
Blazers are definitely a wardrobe must (one of my favorites), but having a plaid version on hand makes things a little more interesting. The thing I love most about the boyfriend fit is that it lends to a more a casual feel than a fitted blazer. Having a more casual fit (at least for me) makes for more styling options.
Some of my favorite ways to style the plaid blazer trend for fall:
- As I did here with a pair of high waist jeans, a simple tee, and a great pair of heels.
- Layered over a hoodie sweatshirt for a super casual (and warm) look (inspiration).
- Worn over the shoulders for the perfect transition outfit (inspiration).
- Paired with another huge trend, the slip dress, for a more dressier take (inspiration).
- As the perfect compliment to a graphic tee (inspiration).
The thing I love about trends like this is that a plaid blazer will easily be a piece that you can wear for years to come. So even if you do find one you love that is a bit pricey, it would definitely be a worthy splurge.
Photography: Kaylee Chelsea Photography