You guys, this sweater.
I had tried this sweater on in the store and fell instantly in love. However I refrained from purchasing it because it was July and still ungodly hot outside. Then as I was putting together my August What I Want post, I included this sweater. That’s when I figured it was worth purchasing. If I was still thinking about it weeks later, it was a definite must. I am so happy I did.
Sweaters are not really a staple in my wardrobe. Maybe it’s because I live in Phoenix, but for some reason they have never been my favorite piece to wear. Last year though I bought a couple that I loved, so this year I figured I’d try again.
Since purchasing this white sweater I have already styled several outfits that I can not wait to actually wear once the weather cools a bit, but styling it as I did today created a great transition look that totally works with the weather right now.
When it comes to sweaters my go-to is always jeans. Sweaters are not usually something I would wear to the office, especially with an oversized fit like this, but my love for this white sweater has me getting creative. I love that throwing it over this black slip dress and pairing it with these simple strappy heels creates a chic, dressed up look that is still totally comfy and cozy.
A few other ways I would love to dress up this sweater…
- pairing it with my go-to wide leg pants. It would be a perfect look for both the office and a simple date night.
- with white pants for a monochromatic look. I actually have a post with this look coming up, but it creates such a clean, chic look that makes wearing white in the fall/winter totally acceptable.
- black skinny jeans would be another go-to for me with this sweater, for a cute, relaxed, but still put together look.
- layered up. I can. not. wait. until I’m able to layer this white sweater under and over everything I own.
- this exact look, but with a pair of OTK boots. A perfect way to make a look work double duty.
I fully plan on purchasing this sweater in at least one other color (probably black, let’s be honest). It’s super affordable and I think totally worth it.
Do you guys like to dress up your sweaters or keep it more casual with jeans?