Quotes

Quotes

I started keeping a journal my freshmen year of high school.

I remember it was in my stocking that Christmas.

It was purple and it’s been my favorite ever since. I’ve gone through three journals since then,

but there is a fourth I started about 5 years ago that consists only of quotes.

I went through each of my previous journal and copied all the quotes down that I had in them

and compiled them all into one notebook. As I write this, I think about all the quotes I have saved on

(in?) my Quotes board on Pinterest and it makes me nostalgic for times when I had to write them all down.

When I wrote them all in this one notebook I put the year I had originally wrote them down

and I swear you would know exactly what was going on in my life by reading the quotes in order

When I read them I remember why I wrote the and some I even remember when I heard it.

It’s kind of a strange feeling, but I love it.

These ones are mostly from Pinterest, but I thought I would share a bit of the reason behind my title.

Quotes

1. June 20, 2013 / 3:33 pm

I love quotes too, and it is amazing how we gravitate towards different inspiration and teachings based on what we are going thru at the time.
    Great post!
    XO, Gina

2. June 20, 2013 / 4:28 pm

these are so inspiring! I used to keep a quote journal as well. never a diary but I would always just write down all the words that touched me. I love looking through them every once in a while.

3. June 20, 2013 / 5:32 pm

I'm such a quote junky as well. Love the idea of writing them in a journal. Between blogging and pinterest I feel like my journal days have been pushed to the side. Sometimes the tangible can be so much better.

4. June 20, 2013 / 10:13 pm

oooooh Bob Dylan and F.Scott Fitzgerald are my faves. New Pinterest follower….
    Meg
    msmayg.blogspot.com

5. June 21, 2013 / 3:13 pm

lovely quotes, love how they sometimes inspires me and motivates me to do things <3

Check out my new blogpost featuring SUCK IS FREE launch party in Sydney! 🙂